Friday, November 7, 2008

A Psalm Of Songs

The night star, the one night star
It shines in the vast distance
Between hearts asleep and our insistence
On pining for hope, on pining for grace
In these our psalms of war and wilderness.

You are the snowfall falling
In my imagination on a summer's eve.
Cool me, refresh me, let me see
The playful mystery
Of your song of songs.

You are the snow falling
The quiet firework of icicles
Showering down, a star's light shimmering through
As I watch in hope, pining for grace,
Feeling each spark and canticle leave Love's trace.

from my new book "Art Before Artist"

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Thanks for joining us, and welcome, Gregor. This is beautiful. I especially like this imagery:

"You are the snow falling
The quiet firework of icicles
Showering down, a star's light shimmering through"

I hope you will share more of your poems with us.

Amysplash said...

very beautiful