Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Freedom in Christ

Deceived, they march, time is not on their side
Under millions of banners with no-one to guide
They search with false hope
Through the fog and the smoke
And are being swept away on deaths tide

Their convictions and dreams are enveloped in night
They all reach for bright colors but can't see the light
In their lust and their sham
They forget who I Am
And abandon their heaven bound flight

Who has lied to my children? Who has led them astray?
I call out their names but you steal them away
From your pride at the start
I have known your black heart
For your treacherous crimes you will pay

With their days growing short, still they flock to death row
Holding the dice but unwilling to throw
If they just turn and face me
Or dare to embrace me
I will clear every debt that they owe

They need to draw closer, know what I have done
They know evolution but don't know my Son
Who will turn them about?
Who will stand up and shout
A new song of a victory won?

Who will tell them that Christ has now settled their fees?
He purchased their lives with his blood on a tree
Through dark shadows there shines
A great light for mankind
That will set all who turn to it free

Freedom from hatreds that bind all that's true
If they're washed in his blood then all things become new
Freed from their shame
If they live by his name
And love him in all that they do

Who will go to my children and tell them they're saved?
They are free now from guilt. Yes! Their sins have been waived
If they turn from that road
I will carry their load
A new path laid with gold I will pave

A message to all who the world has enticed
There's a seat at my table - Your love is its' price
But the places are few
And are limited to
All those who have freedom in Christ

No comments: