Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Go For Coffee


I forgot how great the gift;
To linger there with loved ones.
Fragrant coffee, tepid sips
Brewed sacred talks and fellowship.

Those were days my soul grew rich,
By the time I spent with you.
Those were moments that I cherish,
There the gift of time shined through.

Though inexpensive and so simple,
To “go for Coffee” meant so much!
It was time ordained for us,
To reconnect and stay in touch.

How great a bond a cup can mold,
To talk until our coffee’s cold.
Even doodles drawn on napkins,
Could years later, value hold.

I thank the Lord for simple moments,
Like draining coffee pots with you.
These were gems in plain disguise;
Where the wealth of life arises.

So if there’s someone that you love,
Take their hand, and go for coffee.
Go out and bring up stories told,
Build memories that won’t grow old.

By TSV

I John 1: 7 “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.”

No comments: