Thursday, March 26, 2009

In the garden of Gethsemane
as Jesus bowed his head to pray
He became a Man of Sorrows
as my sin, on his back was heavy,laid.

Jesus felt the shame of all mankind
yes, my sin, such a heaviness in his soul
With his body, pierced and broken
For the King of Jews, death was the mockers goal.

Oh yes, Jesus, our Redeeming Hope in Glory
when for us, He took the world's every sin
He suffered the mocking of such angry hearts
But, His offering of Love, to give new life, within.

Oh Yes, singing - Glory, Glory Hallelujah!
Oh yes, Jesus rose up from the grave!
My Savior arose in powerful Victory
Oh yes, my Redeemers came for all, to save!

Oh yes, the Redeemer is a comin'
as he rides on a horse of perfect white
His love broke all the chains of death
oh yes, heavens Glory will open at the sight!

Oh yes, the Redeemer is a comin'
I will sing and shout a song of victory!
As His love conquered the chains all my sin
Oh yes, the Redeemers Blood has set me free..

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Love this - very joyful!

karen said...

thanks.. Resurrection Day (Easter) to me represents JOY, yet through painful circumstance..

Keith Wallis said...

It hadn't occured to me before but that must have been the definitive 'Man of Sorrows' moment. Thanks for that thought.