Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Small Price Of Pain

We are not called to happiness,
We're called to live for Him,
And sometimes it's through thorny ways
We're asked to walk with Him.

Our actions speak far louder
When problems we endure,
His peace and presence are enough,
In trials we're secure.

For in our weakest moments
When we have lost control,
It's evident His strength is there
To lift and to console.

Our suffering may be the key
To bring someone to Him,
The price is small to gain it all,
I choose to live for Him.

If my pain helps another,
I will not, Lord, complain,
For You have given me a joy
This world cannot explain.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Beautiful thoughts. We are drawn closer during the painful times in our lives. This is something I've been studying about - gratitude and thankfulness even during trials.