Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mom's Pumkins

I sat and watched the whole event,
From the picking to the carving.
You even roasted all the seeds
To be sure that we weren’t starving!

Pumpkins, like with all you touch;
Go from bland to: “Oh so pretty!”
The time you take and detail
Proves you’re talented and witty.

I can see why they’re excited
When October rolls around.
They get to search for pumpkins
All short and fat and round.

Then we bring them to the table
And creative juices flow.
Whether cute or menacing-
Both will shortly glow.

Thanks, dear mom for little things
Like pumpkins every year.
Things that make a house a home
And times that draw us near.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Well, this one is just adorable! :-)

Kara Ashley said...

That was fun to read. I also like how your profile picture has pumpkins in it, which I saw right after i read this poem. I love the fourth stanza and the pun on the word juices.

Carol Penhorwood said...

Not only very creative, but a tribute to your mother. Mothers are never over appreciated. I miss my own so very much. Great poem!!