Friday, August 14, 2009

Walk Through Rain

Such as rain through a pile of pebbles
Your love poured on me
seeps through the cracks of my heart.
To make me wise means endurance,
yet You plan, shift and create.

Change me, teach me always,
then stabilize me if I start to fall-
but if I crash, its not Your fault.
I tug from Your hand in mine
refuse Your arm around my shoulder
and fall like the sun- its getting colder.

It rains again, I learn again.
I take your hand and am warm once more.

I recently wrote this poem and would love some critical feedback on it! If you have any, please comment.

3 comments:

karen said...

Hi there. I have read your poetry, and I encourage you to keep on writing .. You have a great mind to capture what you might be feeling and with our expressions that are built inside us, if we continue to use them, they continue to grow. I started writing poetry, much like you did - simply, and expressively.. But it has also been part of a great healing process for me from a painful life, and so in my healing as an adult, and as a Christian, others now are being " ministered" too as they read my blog and poetry here.. I just encourage you to keep sharing.. not everyone has the same views as we do, but everyone has the same ability to read and get out of poetry, what they need or want to.. Keep writing, you have alot to share!!
http://www.karensthreadsofhope.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

I think it's lovely.

Carol Penhorwood said...

Kara, you put a lot of thought into this poem. Like Karen, I would encourage your writing. It is very expressive of what you are feeling, and for me, that's part of what makes good poetry.

She is right, healing comes through writing. Much of my own writing shows my vulnerability. It is sort of "scary" to me sometimes.

May I make one comment? You say, "I tug from Your hand in mine..." You don't have a hold of His hand, He has a hold of yours and He will NEVER let you go.

As Christian believers we have that promise.

"For I am the Lord Your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13 (New International Version)

"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand." Psalm 73:23 (New International Version)

Keep writing!