Friday, February 26, 2010

Grace Came Down

It's Grace from the Cross
that gently touched me
such joy that filled my heart, and soul
Yes, it's Jesus who came to save me
Yes, it's His Grace that made me whole

Now such joy fills my spirit with His praises
though my heart once hid it's shameful tears
but God's peace surrounding me in life's darkness
called my name, and quietly said " Child , I am here "

Yes,Grace came down and touched me.
a presence filled the cold night air
a warmth came to surround
my heart with singing
yes, it was Jesus
who I know was standing there

It is God's Grace from the Cross
that touched me
such joy that now fills my heart with Love
yes, it is Jesus who came to fill me
and now, I sing songs of Praise to my God above

so I sing songs of joy to my Savior
bowing low to the One who came
it was God's Grace and Mercy extended
that His hands held Love
which covers a multitude of sin and shame.

It is God's Grace from the Cross
that touched me
such joy that fills my heart, and soul
yes, it is Jesus who came to fill me
Yes, it's His Grace that makes me whole

I woke up singing this poetry in song.. at least my heart and soul felt as if I were this morning. I had to pen these words as they came off my heart, and fingertips as I spent some quiet time listening as Father God sang over me His Song of Delight this morning..

No comments: