Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Need For Peace

There was a time I knew His joy
And peace enveloped me,
His pleasure I could sense within,
His blessings I could see.

But then I chose to focus
On meeting my own needs,
And though no conscious choice was made
I planted selfish seeds.

God's peace was lacking in my soul,
I swung both high and low,
Stability no longer reigned,
No fruitfulness I show.

I now confess I am in need,
Alone I can't succeed,
Forgive me for idolatry,
It's You I really need.

Alone I cannot make it right,
Now, Lord, I turn to You,
Come free me from entanglements,
Do what I cannot do.

Remind me that You're all I need,
In You it's peace I'll find,
For nothing else can fill this void,
Renew my heart and mind.


"And the effect of righteousness shall be peace (internal and external), and the result of righteousness, quietness and confident trust for ever." Isaiah 32:17 (Amplified)

No comments: