Friday, July 23, 2010

Heaven Is Silent

Heaven is silent
As my spirit groans,
When troubles surround
And I feel so alone.

No praises, no anthems,
I watch in dismay,
How could God allow this,
My hopes all betray?

Is He just too busy
To hear all my pleas,
Or lifting in anger
His Spirit from me?

Depression weighs heavy,
There seems no relief,
My prayers hit the ceiling
As I pray in my grief.

Yet I know that God loves me
And He never lies,
He watches the sparrow
And hears my faint cries.

This too He will conquer,
One day bring relief,
He sees that I suffer
And shake like a leaf.

My spirit weighs heavy,
I groan in my pain,
This too He will use
And it is not in vain.

My heart's filled with sorrow,
I spend all my days
Just waiting for answers
As my spirit prays.

And yet heaven's silent,
I feel so betrayed,
The enemy whispers
And I am afraid.

In the depths of my soul
I know God is real,
He's promised His presence
Whatever I feel.

This testing, this trial,
Is part of His plan,
And though He may tarry
I'm safe in His hand.

All pain has a purpose
And at His command,
Though now for a moment
I don't understand.

He's paid for my future,
His blood paved the way,
My ears hear the echoes
Of heav'n...come what may.


"If I called and He answered me, I could not believe that He was listening to my voice. For He bruises me with a tempest and multiplies my wounds without cause." Job 9:16-17 (New American Standard Bible)

"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth." Job 19:25 (New International Version Bible)

"But He knows the way that I take (He has concern for it, appreciates, and pays attention to it). When He has tried me, I shall come forth as refined gold (pure and luminous)." Job 23:10 (Amplified Bible)

No comments: