Thursday, July 8, 2010

Poem: On God's Mountain

To be on your mountain top
with an elevated view,
could my chances increase
for getting a glimpse of You?

Standing barefoot in your presence
before a burning bush consumed,
would your glory envelop me
as a spiritual womb?

Moses saw your backside,
but show me instead your face and eyes.
Having direct interaction with you
should cause my faith to be revised.

Conquering obstacles of Life
via a mountainous climb,
while developing a personal relationship
help makes the upward trek sublime.



-------------------
From my book: Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory
The ISBN is: 1-4196-5051-3

Learn more about me and my poetry at:
http://www.squidoo.com/book-isbn-1419650513/

2 comments:

Mory said...

"Moses saw your backside,
but show me instead your face and eyes."
what lovely lines! great poem.

keep on writing

Tom Valles said...

Oh to be on God's mountaintop! Great, great writing. Thanks for "lifting" me today.

In Christ,

Tom