Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nail Fixed

Fastened by the steel
Of Jesus Christ’s devotion,
The devil can’t repeal
The plan God put in motion.

Pierced by what He did
When Jesus took the cross;
My life in Christ is hid
And eternal death is lost.

Driven by amazement
That Jesus thought of me.
My hope cannot be fazed,
“I am crucified with Thee!”

Staked upon a sacred hand
When sinners raised Him up.
Condemnation couldn’t stand
When Mercy took the “cup.”

Pounded sure, the nails attest
His love is here to stay.
And just to put all doubts to rest
He died with them that way.

TSV



Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. NASB

1 comment:

Carol Penhorwood said...

This is beautiful, Tom, and so moving!