Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Every Ping

I can’t recall when first I felt
My spirit so respond.
When steel on steel produced the “ping”
That ever lingers on.

I cannot hear the ping of steel
And not be at the cross.
I cannot hear and fail to feel
When Satan’s chains were lost.

The ping reminds me, I was freed
When Jesus took the nails!
Every sin was hammered down
And Christ the Lamb prevailed.

Rejoice in every ping of steel
And grasp who loves you most.
A privilege beyond surreal,
That we may in Him boast.



By Tom Valles



Galatians 6:14 “But may it never be that I should boast,
except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through
which the world has been crucified to me,
and I to the world.” NASB

2 comments:

Carol Penhorwood said...

Tom, This was very moving to me. It reminds me of one Easter when our pastor had laid a large wooden cross on the altar and invited the congregation to come and actually nail their sin, written on pieces of paper, to that cross. It was very moving and meaningful!

Kathryn said...

Great reminder that Christ's journey to the cross began at the cradle - which we celebrate at Christmas