Sunday, January 17, 2010

Battles Fought At Night

I fight my fiercest battles
In the darkness of the night,
When my body fights this pain alone
And longs to just take flight.

The hours pass so slowly
When my body cannot sleep,
And feel that I am all alone
In a valley dark and deep.

In the stillness no distractions,
Only pain to fill my mind,
Then You whisper, "I am with you,
In this too My peace you'll find."

How I love Your sweet assurance
That You daily walk with me,
When I stumble and I falter,
It is then You carry me.

For this too there is a purpose,
Sometimes pain You must allow,
But Your love holds me securely,
To Your purpose I will bow.


"Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything by prayer and petition (definite requests) with thanksgiving continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace (be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace) which transcends all understanding, shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 (Amplified)

No comments: