Thursday, January 14, 2010

Safely in Heaven

I’m on streets of purest gold
Strolling heaven’s city.
Rejoicing as the Son unfolds
His reflectivity!

I’m on diamond foundations
Sure and strong and spotless.
Established for the nations,
As eternal as His promise.

I’m in homes of varied gems
All brilliant and refined.
Awestruck once again
At His beautiful design.

I’m in clouds of fragrant scent
All purest white and glowing.
A sublime and royal tent
Like a crown He is bestowing.

I’m at heaven’s gleaming throne,
Oh the sea of victory!
His radiance enthroned
In all His majesty.

I’m at Jesus wounded feet
Bowing low in reverence.
At perfect peace, replete
In redefined extravagance.

By Tom Valles

Second Timothy 4:18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

Carol Penhorwood said...

Really beautiful and descriptive! Makes me homesick for heaven!