Thursday, November 12, 2009

He Lost A Child Too

He lost a child too,
God knows the grief and pain,
He also knows what we do not...
This death is not in vain.

There always is a purpose,
Though this we may not see,
And through the anger and the tears
For faith the heart must plea.

For trust is badly shaken
When He allows such grief,
How could He rudely tear from us
Our treasure like a thief?

And though we plead for answers
And in silence turn away,
Still God is faithful and He waits
Though we our faith betray.

He sees our heart's confusion,
Our anger understands,
And still He waits with arms outstretched
And never reprimands.

"Lord, help us as we question,
Show us You still are love,
But, most of all, we need Your help
These doubts to rise above."

He longs to comfort and sustain
Though we don't understand,
In faith we trust when we can't see,
This too is in His hand.

He whispers in our sorrow,
"My child, I see your tears,
My comfort will sustain the one
Whose faith still perseveres."

3 comments:

Tom Valles said...

THIS, is great poetry!! I was so blessed to read: "He Lost a Child Too." I felt burdened to write something compelling, meaningful and spirit led this week and you did it for me. I hope your poem gets to exposure and recognition it deserves. I think it is a masterpiece. Thanks be to God!

Tom Valles said...

THIS, is great poetry!! I was so blessed to read: "He Lost a Child Too." I felt burdened to write something compelling, meaningful and spirit led this week and you did it for me. I hope your poem gets the exposure and recognition it deserves. I think it is a masterpiece. Thanks be to God!

Carol Penhorwood said...

Tom, your comment is so very kind. But often I feel I am just God's scribe, taking dictation in a way, if you know what I mean. Many times the words seem to come as I am about to fall asleep at night. Others, I have to work a little harder on. Thank you for taking the time to read this.