Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Father's Whispered Promise

My God gives me strength and courage
when the path ahead grows steep and rough
and because He is my Loving Father
He knows when I've had quite enough

He gives grace to walk through each valley
yes, my God gives grace to carry on
He gives a thread of hope to always cling to
as He sings this Fathers gentle song :

My Child, I know that you are weary
and I know your strength has finally been worn out
Just lean not in your own understanding
For that's not what faith is all about

For I will :
Give you strength to stand in the darkness
Oh yes, My hope I give to see beyond the fear
Look to me - ahead in this journey
For its there, the Holy Spirit will draw near

His truth spoken in a whispered promise
that He'll never leaves us as He holds us tight
and just as a child is held closer to its Mother
Our Heavenly Father will hold us closer in the night

He gently leans to where my face is
as my Father looks me in the eyes
He holds out his arms to one who needs His Loving
as He gently sings this Fathers lullaby:

My child , I know that you are weary
and I know your strength has finally been worn out
Just lean not in your own understanding
For that's not what faith is all about

Just lean on me, your Heavenly Father
the One that loves you deeper than the ocean sea
feel My comfort as I surround you in your journeys
Child, my peace I give to you, wherever you might be.

1 comment:

Carol Penhorwood said...

There is such a true picture of the Father's love here. Very comforting, very touching, but very real, for I have experienced it myself! What a blessing! It is so true, "Our Heavenly Father will hold us closer in the night." God bless you.